K.A. Gen 2 Rogue Wavepool Dammy Bomber Edition
Kingdom Armory Bomber Edition (semi-custom) Framelocks - Gen 2 - Chad Nichols Stainless Wavepool...
Kingdom Armory Bomber Edition (semi-custom) Framelocks - Gen 2 - Chad Nichols Stainless Wavepool Dammy Blades* - Limited Run
Dave's closest friends have called him "Bomber" for almost 30 years now... so it just made sense that when Kingdom Armory decided to make available a special tier within the Bench Series, the closest you can get to a full one-off custom that it should also be called "Bomber".
Differentiated from Dave's full blown, one-off customs only in that fact that some parts are CNC machine made and delivered to Dave in blank unfinished form. He will utilize small batch CNC'd backspacers and clips for example, but still be texturing the frames and grinding the blades in much the same way he would a custom. And of course each one is fully assembled and tuned under Dave's strict attention to detail. His fingerprints are on every piece.
Completely aware that many other makers would just call this a full custom, Dave still adheres to the ethos that "custom" should mean that as much of the knife as possible be handmade, ensuring that each piece is artistically unique and contain the full work of the craftsman who both designed and personally built it. That is the work that dies with the maker, and the skills to be passed to Dave's sons one day. The fingerprints will be different, but the design language will endure.
These particular Bomber edition folders had frame, clips and backspacer precisioned machined by Chad Nichols of Nichols Damascus in Blue Springs, MS. Chad. Making a few changes over the previous release, this is Rogue Gen 2. Complete 3d machined cc'd contour to the frame this time, making for an extrmemely comfortable and easy to carry frame profile. Thumb release was added to aid in unlocking, while the bomb proof construction of one piece billet milled clips, backspacers, and the hinderer overtravel stop (LBSS) remain!
- The blades are fabricated from Chad Nichols stainless wavepool dammy, one of Dave's favorite patterns.
- 3d Machiend "concealed carry' contour frame profile w/milling detail on frame back
- Completely finished by Dave personally, eace blade was precision surfaced to .1555" here in the KA shop. It was then sent off to Bos heat treating to be heat treated by the best in the industry.
- Upon its return, it was hand hollow ground by Dave, fit and timed specifically to it's frame, then hand finished.
- The finish is a deep etch, that actually raises the veining in the pattern and creates not just a look but also a texture you can feel. It was then tumbled for several hours, which brings out even more character and gives the steel an heriloom quality right out of the starting blocks.
- The titanium is also wearing a stonewashed finish on all the Gen 2 iterations, for a clean look and a finish that hold up extrmely well to every day carry and useage.
- All Gen 2 Bomber Edition folders are fully hand-assembled, tuned, fit and finished by Dave. Each has had cut a concave lockface for strength and a carbidized lockbar engagement for a smooth release.
Designed in and named for the Valley in which Kingdom Armory exists, the Rogue and its sister knife the Rook were both created as a "spydie flicking" taylored design. (made for deployment using the middle finger) The oval slot is sized for easy thumb use if you'd prefer...but, "F" it! Use the bird, and be a little unique! Be a Rogue...
*Due to the nature of Wavepool Dammy and the etching process, all blades will have a unique pattern
OAL - 7 1/2"
Closed - 4 1/4"
Blade - 3 1/2"
Belly - 1 1/2"
Weight - 5.6 oz